CLASS 5JW

CLASS 5JW
Meet 5JW. What a cool and friendly looking bunch!

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Mr Watson's Easter news

I had a good Easter break and enjoyed having some time off. I stayed in Dubai for the school holidays. I did quite a lot of relaxing and reading and enjoyed some time on the beach.


One of the best things I did over the holidays was to go to JAM JAR again. This is the art studio where you can paint whatever you like. I used my second voucher that you all kindly got me for Christmas (THANK YOU VERY MUCH AGAIN!!!)

This time I was inspired to do some paintings using lots of shades of Orange, Yellow and Red. I have been thinking and dreaming in Oranges of late!!! I had also looked at some of the work we saw when we visited the Bauhaus exhibition last term, and really like Josef Albers' work.


This is one of Josef Albers' famous paintings (left)

You can see some of Albers' work on the wall behind 5JW on the photo below:







This time I didn't take my Ipod and just enjoyed painting. I chose 3 small canvasses and tried to make them all similar in theme but still different, by slightly changing the patterns and shades of oranges.


They are going to go on the wall in my spare room - becuase they match the bed throw and curtains!!!

What do you think?







Mr Watson

4 comments:

Matthew said...

great pantings mr watson!!

Adam said...

I like you paintings Mr Watson!
They are very good.

Adam

Eloise said...

I think there really good!!

You can tell that your following that style of painting but you added your own touches!

I think there LOOSH

Eloise :o)

Rose said...

your painting rrrrrrrrrroooooooooccccckkkkkkkkkkkk!!!

Rose