CLASS 5JW

CLASS 5JW
Meet 5JW. What a cool and friendly looking bunch!

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Miss Bates says

Hi Class 6LB (to be!),

Thank-you so much for your email to me, it made me feel very excited and I cannot wait to meet you all! I know that you are breaking up for your summer holidays soon and I am very jealous because we don't finish for another 5 weeks.

I loved the way you described yourselves and so I've had a bit of a think and come up with a few words that describe me:
-incredibly strict,
-very bossy,
-mean...

...just kidding!

Actually, although I can be strict if I need to be, generally I like to think that I am kind and fair and I like to have fun and enjoy being at school (as I'm sure you all do to!).

I love sport, especially netball and athletics, and I really enjoy teaching history. I have never been to Dubai before but don't worry, I will definitely be packing my suncream!

My older sister taught in Dubai for two years and she loved it, so I am sure I will too. I hope you will all be able to teach me a bit in the first few weeks and help me get used to living in a new country as although it will be exciting, it will be a little bit scary too!

The class I am teaching at the moment are year 5 and they are hoping you will be their pen-pals when they are year 6. In fact they are all writing letters to you at the moment, ready for me to bring to Dubai at the end of the summer. I look forward to meeting you all in September and I hope you have a fantastic summer.

From Miss Bates

5 comments:

Rose said...

hi miss bates when you said you love netball and athletics we also have a swim squad,netball team,foot ball team and cricket team!

miss frame our pe teacher is maybe thinking of making a basket ball team too!!!!

Rose loudest person in the class! lol

Kristi said...

Hey Miss Bates!

I can't wait to meet you i love sports as well especially Swimming and Horse Riding!

We have loads of sports teams in school and I am sure you will love it here in sunny Dubai but remember to bring plenty of suncream and fans! It can get higher that 50 degrees!

Right now I am sitting at home with a broken metitarcel!

From Kristi
the second loudest person in the class and the most horse and husky mad!

Adam said...

Hi Miss Bates,

I Can't wait to meet you

I love sports and am in the football and cricket squad.

Adam

Becky said...

Hi Miss Bates,

Can't wait to meet you! You seem really nice and I can't wait till year 6! I love chocolate and hate tomatoes, and my favourite animals are monkeys!

I'd love to be pen pals with your class, sounds like fun!

Bye for now,

Becky

Eloise said...

Hi Miss Bates,

I cant wait to meet to you, I like the Idea of
being pen-pals with your class!
Just to tell you I love candy floss and hate
chocolate milk! I absolutely LOVE monkeys!

Cant wait to meet you!

Eloise :o)