CLASS 5JW

CLASS 5JW
Meet 5JW. What a cool and friendly looking bunch!

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Kristi looks back at her year in 5JW


I have some lovely and wonderful memories of 5JW, far too many! I would love to share some of the fantastic times I have had in 5JW! Here are a few:

Kalba
Kalba was our amazing 2 night 3 day trip. I had the best time of my life especially splashing Mr Watson when we went canoeing and Kayaking. I wasn’t very fond of our tent as it leaked and the worst part was that I was right next to the tent wall. All the condensation in the air every desert night made the tent feel we were sleeping in a rain storm. The activities that we did were the best! All the instructors ROCKED! I especially liked Chippie (Lauren the one that took us on the Wadi Walk)! My favourite activities were the Wadi Walk, Canoeing, Kayaking and the Talent Show. I loved the Talent Show most because Kirsten and I sang a horses song and I sang a solo by take that.

Mr Watson
Mr Watson has been the best teacher I have ever had! He is also the craziest I have ever had as well. I have had so much fun being in a class like this! I really am going to miss Mr Watson and our classroom!

Mrs Hislop
Mrs Hislop is the best T.A in the entire universe! And the best highlights of her are fun friendly and being Scottish! She is also so much fun and really pleasurable to read with!

International Day
I loved international day! I loved all the activities we did and I also liked dressing up in Brazilian football kits! I had so much fun! My favourite classroom to do the activities was Mr O’Brian’s because he was the U.S.A. I liked doing the letter quiz he gave us and making America at night! I think Brazil (our classroom) could have the prize for the most decorated as we had flags and banners and words in Portuguese everywhere! Rose and I translated the words on the laptops from English to Portuguese, printed them out and helped the class stick them up everywhere even places nobody could see them with was a bit silly! I think Super Jim (Mr Watson’s teddy) enjoyed being in a classroom where football was appreciated more that usual.

The Solar System
My favourite theme was doing the Solar System because I take a great interest in space and planets although I don’t really want to be an astronaut. My favourite Planet would be Venus as it is the most interesting and full of exciting things to here about. Jupiter is my second favourite planet as it is the biggest, the most beautiful foreign planet and it is the first gas giant coming away from the Sun. One night I came home from school and I said at least 10 facts about each planet in 30 minutes to my Dad! My Dad was very impressed and asked me ‘How did you learn that much in one day!’.

I have enjoyed 5JW loads and I am really going to miss Mr Watson and Mrs Hislop.

No comments: