CLASS 5JW

CLASS 5JW
Meet 5JW. What a cool and friendly looking bunch!

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Eloise thinks sandboarding is superb!




When we went to Kalba I enjoyed all of the activities.

One of my favourite ones was sand barding.If you were there you would remeber that we were split into tent groups and then desert animals. I was in the Gecko's with some other people.

When we were told to go to the sandboarding section everyonewas excited! There was a special method to get all 5 sandboards to the top of the dune. Each person would stand about 1 meter away from each other. A board would be passed up and thenthat person would swap places with the person in front of him.When it was my turn I was still deciding wether I should stand or sit. I choes stand. Carla talked me through if I was to fall I was to crunch up in a ball and lean backwards, she told me to put my weight on my back leg,then she pushed me and I was off. Just like that.

I had three turns I stood on the first then sat on the second and stood on the third.

Mrs Hislop took two photos of me and on both my tongue is sticking out.

Anyway Sandboarding was a great experience.
Eloise

No comments: