CLASS 5JW

CLASS 5JW
Meet 5JW. What a cool and friendly looking bunch!

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Tom's Christmas accident

On the 25 December/Christmas Day, I did a thing I am to be ashamed of.
We were in the mountains of Wadi Al Bih with my cousins and I was making a bow. I was cutting a piece of wood off with my Dad’s sharpest pocket knife (leatherman) and suddenly slipped and cut clean through my brothers skin and tendon of his thumb. The blood was pouring all over the floor and Mum and Dad had to take him to 2 hospitals in Ras Al Kaimer.


When Mum and Dad came back Mum then had to take Sam all the way to Dubai to have an operation to fix up his thumb and they then stayed at home eating pasta and cheese for their Christmas dinner. When Sam came back the next day I asked if I could see his thumb. It had strings like wire threaded around it to hold it all together. 1 week later they took the stitches out and it now looks fine. I missed my Mum and Sam that night but Barney (our dog) was very happy!

I am now looking forward to football finals day and hope we will win.

TOM WEIGHT

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look's nasty!

Anonymous said...

Well at least he still has his thumb and it will make for a good story in years to come! Love Aunt Kath in JHB