CLASS 5JW

CLASS 5JW
Meet 5JW. What a cool and friendly looking bunch!

Monday, March 23, 2009

Christopher's camping adventure

Hi everybody!

Last weekend (20/03/09 -21/03/09) my family, Tom (who came with us) and a convoy of 3 other cars went camping in the desert! We spent ages trying to find a good place to camp. We were really lucky to find a crater with a huge dune EAST of us, in which direction the wind was blowing.

When we stopped at the end of the road leading into the desert to deflate our tires, we went exploring. It didn’t take long before I found a carcass of a camel! I called the others over. Luckily, someone had some carrier bags, so I took some bones (which didn’t have any skin on!) and took it with me!

We didn’t want to do that much dune bashing because we had LOADS of booze and other glass bottles and we didn’t want them to smash!
Also, it was already quite late, about 5 in the afternoon, and we wanted to camp way before dark.

We settled down and all the kids went off to pull branches off trees for the big bonfire! Tom and I accidentally pulled up a couple of ants nests while removing whole dead trees!!!!

Once the fire was going, we had dinner. We had disposable BBQs. After a dinner of meat and couscous, MARSH MELLOWS!!!!!! We roasted about 20 each over the flames! Tom caught a cricket and skewed it onto his stick and roasted it over the flames!!!!!


After our bellies were full, we went to the top of a dune and played god all mighty, when you have to push people off the dune and if you win, you get to chose what god you want to be (I chose god of death!). We also played truth or dare! We were soon called to go to our tents, and get ready for bed. I couldn’t sleep because Tom kept steeling my sleeping bag in his sleep but I soon did!

The next day, all the kids started playing truth or dare but we soon got bored of that and made up a game called ambusher. We made two teams, and each ran off to hide. We had to ambush each other .It was GREAT fun! But as I was coming back for some water, I suddenly saw and picked up what was a JAWBONE! Then I found the other side of the jawbone and ran off to camp!

I then set off determined with a shovel to find the rest. When I got there I saw a skeleton! I found the head and took it back to camp! I fixed the snapped jawbone onto the skull and, IT FITTED!!!
Everyone took some bits; hips, spine, arms, legs and loads of other bits and bobs back to the camp.

The adults had packed the tents away. They were so happy of my discovery but they said we can’t take it all. I got some bits such as the hips, the head, a goat vertebrae, a camel vertebrae and some leg bones (one which we gave to chewy, our dog).

When we were leaving, we passed 2 carcases, maybe cows? and a dead donkey which had died recently because it was still covered in skin and body parts!!!

1 comment:

Rose said...

cool that writing must of taken you forever to write and it says that you had a great time in the desert.

Rose xox :)