CLASS 5JW

CLASS 5JW
Meet 5JW. What a cool and friendly looking bunch!

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Lisa Willis (Nutritional therapist) says....

Dear 5JW,

Hello from England!!!
My name is Lisa Willis. I am one of Mr Watsons friends, we were at University together many years ago! These days my job is as a Nutritional Therapist which means I teach people which foods are good to eat so that they have a balanced diet and are healthy, happy and full of energy.

I have been looking at your class blog (which is really cool) and was really interested to see that you have been investigating breads. It looks like you had lots of fun tasting all those different breads. I was wondering which one was your favourite, were there any that you didn't like?

Did you know that some breads are better for you than others? Brown and wholemeal bread contain more vitamins (which keep you healthy) than white bread and help you feel full of energy for longer. Some people are allergic to the wheat used to make bread and feel poorly if they eat bread. The good news is that there are some breads that are not made from wheat such as rye bread, so people who are allergic to wheat can still enjoy toast and sandwiches. Did you try rye bread in your investigations?

I look forward to seeing what else you get up to in class. Keep up the good work 5JW!

best wishes,
Lisa Willis

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah! The famous and brilliant Mrs Willis! Thanks so much for leaving this post for us Lisa. I'm sure the kids will be delighted that people from the UK are reading our blog and are adding information - especially experts like your good self!

Thanks so much!
Jon

Anonymous said...

hi,im chris
i realy enjoid the trip th the holy lands.Im quite amazed thet they even hadcamras then!
by by

Anonymous said...

1. I liked the photo that was taken in Jordan with the old rocky stairs.
2. I would choose the church in Bethlehem because it has both historical and religious interest.
3. I liked the photo of all the tents because it showed how primitive life was.
4. Yes, I liked the effect of the sand on the floor as it complemented the theme of the gallery.

Anonymous said...

this is chris speaking:
i realy enjoy this class blog.I find it realy handy and just the thing for when your board