CLASS 5JW

CLASS 5JW
Meet 5JW. What a cool and friendly looking bunch!

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Bread making - Our demonstration and planning session

Today we investigated bread making by making our very own loaf of white bread. This was preparation for making our own bread later in the week.
We talked through our 'revolting recipes' homework and looked at layouts at styles of various recipes.

We then followed a simple recipe for making bread. Mr Watson followed the recipe with help from the class.

Whilst the dough was resting and cooking we worked in pairs to write our instructions for our own bread - choosing any additional ingredients we want to add.

We then tasted and enjoyed eating our class loaf. Mr Watson was relieved that it all went well - even if we did use a bit too much yeast. We all agreed that bread was pretty tasty.

I wonder how the rest of the bread will taste later this week?

7 comments:

Ahmed Al-Sabbagh said...

i like that so much

Anonymous said...

It smelt lovely when it came out of the oven and yet again not much left!!! Fab photos Adam, well done. Mrs H

Anonymous said...

wwwaw that whas exelant



FROM DAN

Anonymous said...

That bread lesson was great!

lauren

Anonymous said...

Hey,

Jemima I think I got that picture at just the wrong time! Your face looks great though!!The bread was delicious! I cant believe were making our own on Thursday!!! WAHOOOOO!!

Eloise

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a good time making your bread tomorrow. Look forward to seeing more pictures! I can remember making cinnamon bread - it tasted a bit odd! Yasmin H

Anonymous said...

This is my homework for Thursday,
30th of October.

Today when we were doing our bbread making, i had a great time.
When i started to put my hands in the flour, with the water mixture, i my hands felt so slippery and soft. I was getting tikeled by all of that water. I could feel all the water sliding down my palm.
It was so slushy! The smell of the yeast was horrible, but after a minute or two i couldn't smell it anymore. It was really hard to make the mixture into a perfect shape. I was looking at Adam and Luke and i saw them working out fine. Me and my partner were not doing fine at all! But it was much better when we did the pattern on top. After a few minutes when i saw our bread, it was going big. Jemima's and Lucy's bread was huge! Anyway. When i took a crum off of my bread when it was sliced, it was fantastic! It was yummy!

Written by Angela.