CLASS 5JW

CLASS 5JW
Meet 5JW. What a cool and friendly looking bunch!

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Wise words from Counsellor Ian Argent

Hello Class 5JW,

My name is Ian Argent. I'm also an old friend of Mr Watson. I love your class blog - it looks like you do some really interesting work, and have some fun too! I think it must be cool having Mr Watson as a teacher! What do you think?

I was really happy to see that you were all discussing the dangers of smoking a couple of weeks ago. In my work I meet with lots of people who are suffering from cancer. Some of them have been smokers in their life. Often, they are very sad and sorry that they have smoked, because it shortens their life so horribly.

When someone is ill, or even dying, it can be really upsetting for them, their friends, and family, too. That's where I come in - my job as a counsellor is about talking to people and helping them to share their feelings - sad, scared, angry, or whatever.

Although I like this part of my work, I can really see how dangerous smoking can be, and what can happen to people who smoke. Young people often make the mistake of thinking it's cool - but I have seen that lung cancer is really un-cool.

I'm really impressed that you've been debating this in such a mature way, and my congratulations on a very interesting blog.
I promise to keep looking in from time to time, and leave a comment too.

Best wishes to you all,

Ian

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ian, Thanks so much for posting a comment on our blog. As usual your words are wise and make really good sense. Thanks for taking the time to share your super ideas and comments with us - much appreciated mate! Thanks so much
Jon

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!! Now I know a lot about smoking !! Way more than I use to!!!


It's really good to have Mr Watson's friend on the blog.


Becky

Anonymous said...

Thank you for leaving a post on our blog! ;)

Anonymous said...

Wow!
That is great info.
And thanks for posting on our
blog!

Anonymous said...

I think you are cool to.